PAULO JOSÉ REIS ALVES PIMENTA
- Law graduate (University Portucalense Infante D. Henrique, 1990)
- Master’s degree in Law (Coimbra University of Law, with Specialization in Legal-Procedural Sciences, 2002)
- Teacher in the Law Department of the Portucalense University, since 1990/1991, currently regent of the disciplines of “General Theory of Process” and “Declarative Procedure” (3rd grade) and “Enforcement” (4th grade).
- Lawyer, with office in Oporto, inscribed in the Bar Association since July 1992.
- Member of the Commission for the Reform of the Civil Procedure, established by order nr 12714/2011 of the Minister of Justice, published in the Official Journal of 23/09/2011.
- Member of the Oporto District Council of the Bar Association, triennium 2014-2016, as Chairman of the Training Centre of this Council.
Conferences and lectures:
More than nine dozens of conferences and lectures on civil procedure, by invitation of several universities, of the Centre for Judicial Studies, of the Bar Association and of other entities.
- Reconvention, Bulletin of the Coimbra Law School, Vol. LXX (Offprint), Coimbra 1994.
- Civil Procedure (as co-author), Oporto 1994/1995.
- The new civil procedure (as co-author), Coimbra 2010.
- Remedy of the process defects before and after the term of the new Code of Civil Procedure, Coimbra 2003.
- Actions and declarative incidents in the dependence of the enforcement, Themis, Year V, nr 9, Lisbon 2004.
- Reflections on the new enforcement action, Sub Judice, Justiça e Sociedade, nr 29, October/December, Coimbra 2004.
- Brief considerations on the announced “Special and experimental procedural regime”, Bulletin of the Bar Association, nr 40, January/February 2006.
- Notification, citation and default of appearance, Themis, Year II, nr 13, Lisbon 2006.
- The fundamental lines of the enforcement action, Revista do CEJ, 2nd Semester 2009, nr 12
- The introductory phase of the enforcement action, Revista Maia Jurídica, Year VI, nr 1, January/June 2008.
- The introductory phase of the enforcement action for the payment of the right amount with the amendments introduced by DL nr 226/2008, of 20 November, Revista Jurídica da Universidade Portucalense, nr 14, 2011.
- Topics for the reform of the Portuguese civil procedure, Julgar, nr 17, May/August 2012.
- Remedy of defects and preliminary hearing, Revista do Ministério Público, Cadernos 11, 2012.
- Introduction to the study and application of the Code of Civil Procedure of 2013 (as co-author), Coimbra 2013.
- Declarative Civil Procedure, Coimbra 2014.