Tbilisi – a delegation of the Venice Commission will be in Georgia with a working visit to continue its assistance to the authorities in their comprehensive constitutional reform effort. The delegation will meet with the Speaker of the Parliament of Georgia Mr Irakli KOBAKHIDZE, his deputy Ms Tamar CHUGOSHVILI, as well as with the working groups of the Constitutional Commission involved in the reform.
The composition of the delegation of the Venice Commission is as follows:
• Mr Nikos C. ALIVIZATOS, Member (Greece);
• Mr Josep Maria CASTELLA ANDREU, Member (Spain);
• Mr Michael FRENDO, Member (Malta);
• Mr Thomas MARKERT, Director, Secretary of the Venice Commission;
• Mr Ziya Caga TANYAR, Legal Officer, Secretariat.
The Commission notes with particular satisfaction a firm public commitment not to adopt any amendments to which the Venice Commission would object, made by the Speaker of the Parliament of Georgia at the very beginning of the constitutional reform process.