76th Plenary Session of the Commission (Venice)
17/10/2008 - 18/10/2008
The Commission adopted a report on blasphemy, religious insult and incitement to religious hatred.
At the request of the Parliamentary Assembly the Commission started to examine recently adopted constitutional amendments in Albania and the Turkish rules on the prohibition of political parties. The respective opinions will be adopted at the next session of the Commission in December.
Other points submitted for adoption included:
· the amicus curiae brief for the European Court of Human Rights on the compatibility of certain provisions of the Constitution of Bosnia and Herzegovina with the European Convention of Human Rights;
· opinions on electoral legislation of Armenia and Moldova;
· joint opinions with OSCE-ODIHR on freedom of assembly and freedom of religion in Kyrgyzstan;
· the opinion on the draft law on the Constitutional Court of Montenegro;
· the report on constitutional issues related to the ratification of the Statute of the International Criminal Court;
· the report on legislative initiative.
On the margins of the meeting a ceremony was held to launch the publication of the Liber Amicorum for Antonio La Pergola, the late President of the Commission.