Born on 24th February 1971, in Chişinău
- Judge and President at the Constitutional Court (April 2011 – May 2017);
- Lecturer, constitutional law, Moldova State University (2013 - present);
- Minister of Justice (September 2009 – May 2011);
- Partner Lawyer, Associated Bureau of Lawyers „Hanganu, Tanase si Partenerii" (2007-2009);
- Lawyer, Bureau of Lawyers "Alexandru Tănase" (2005-2007);
- Juridical Consultant for the Centre of Juridical Studies and Policies (April – June 2005);
- Project Manager, SOROS Moldova Foundation, Law Programme (2003-2005);
- National Project Adviser for the UNDP Project to support Judicial Development in Moldova (2000-2003);
- Project Manager for the Consolidation of the Legislative and Judicial Systems, UNDP (September – December 1999);
- Lawyer, Moldova Bar of Lawyers (1999-2005);
- Project Manager for the Consolidation of the Legislative and Judicial Systems in Moldova, the UNDP Programme „Governance and Democracy" (1998-1999);
- Senior Consultant, the Department of the Governmental Agent and International Relations, the Ministry of Justice (1998-1998);
- Independent Juridical Consultant (1995-1998).
- First deputy chairman of the Liberal Democratic Party of Moldova (December 2007 – April 2011);
- Member of the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova (April 2009 – March 2010, November 2010 – February 2011);
- Chairman of the Liberal Democratic faction in the Municipal Council of Chişinău (June 2007 – April 2009);
- Chairman of the Juridical Commission of the Municipal Council of Chişinău, Municipal Councilor (2007-2009).
Civic, scientific and cultural activities
- Member of the Governmental Commission on drafting the new Law on the Constitutional Court
- Member of the Governmental Commission on drafting the new Law on the Prosecutor’s Office
- Member of the working group on drafting the Commentary to the new Criminal Code
- Member of the working group on drafting the Law on National Institute of Magistrates of th Republic of Moldova
- Coordinator of the working group on the elaboration of the draft law on private bailiffs
- Coordinator of the working group on the elaboration of the Commentary to the Law on administrative jurisdiction
- Coordinator of the Governmental programme for implementing the European Convention on Human Rights in Republic of Moldova
- Lawyer in the cases Ilaşcu v. Moldova, Meriacri v. Moldova, Amihalachioae v. Moldova, Şarban v. Moldova, Modârcă v. Moldova, Gorea v. Moldova which were successful before the ECtHR
- Author of the National Report on the independence of the judicial system in 2003;
Representative of various media institutions in lawsuits on defamation;
- Coordinator of training programmes of junior lawyers on the ECtHR.
- Author of the report on the legislative framework on privatisation in Moldova;
- Lawyer within the World Bank in the field of insolvency;
- Local consultant of Raiffeisen Investment AG, Price Water House Coopers and Muşat & Asociaţii regarding the privatisation of MOLDTELECOM company.
- Profound changes in the legal system: The Constitutional Court of the Republic of Moldova made it possible for every litigant to raise the exception of unconstitutionality // Transformation of law systems in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe in 1989-2015. Liber amicorum in honorem prof. dr. dres. H. c. Rainer Arnold. Gdansk University Press, Gdansk, 2016, p. 411-422.
- Relations of the Constitutional Court with the Parliament and the Government. Role of the Constitutional Court in settling ”the conflicts” among the authorities.// International Conference ”Relations of the Constitutional Court with Other Public Authorities”, Publication of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Moldova, Chișinu, 2016, p. 167-178.
- Constitutional Identity of the Republic of Moldova// Bulletin of the Constitutional Court of Lithuania Nr. 4(40) 2015
- The role of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Moldova in strengthening the independence of judicial power // International almanac. Constitutional justice in the new millenium, ISSN 1829-0124, Armenia, 2015, p. 141-145
- Role of Constitutional Justice in Protecting the Rule of Law// International Conference dedicated to the 20th Anniversary of the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova, publication of the Constitutional Court of the republic of Moldova, Chișinău, 2015, p. 9
- History, ethnicity and double citizenship// International Conference “European Union’s History, Culture and Citizenship”,publication of the University of Pitești, 2015. (in Romanian)
- Value of the Constitution as fundamental source of law in a democratic state // Collection of articles, Astana, 2015, p. 112
- ”Red Line” between the freedom of expression and right to private life // Limits of the freedom of expression. Politicians, journalists, magistrates. Ed. Hamangiu 2014, p. V-VIII (in Romanian)
- Human Dignity as a Constitutional Value // International almanac. Constitutional justice in the new millenium, ISSN 1829-0124, Armenia, 2014, p. 180-187
- Prior review of constitutionality of laws // Bulletin of the Constitutional Court of Romanian, 2013, no.2, p. 7-12 (in Romanian)
- Procedure before ECHR (2000) – author;
- Jurisprudence of the Court of Appeal – coordinator of edition;
- Offences hindering the enforcement of justice – coordinator of edition;
- Juridical regime of intellectual creation – coordinator of edition;
- Access to Justice (1999) – co-author.
Author of a number of political and scientific articles in different publications focused on the protection of human rights, independence of justice and democracy in Moldova.
- Experience in organisation and management of legal assistance projects;
- Knowledge of the history of law and traditions of former USSR, as well as of current legal and economic developments in CIS and East European states;
- Experience in reformation process in the field of human rights in Eastern European states and CIS;
- Experience in international cooperation and in coordinating foreign assistance;
- Experience in cooperation with the Council of Europe and ECtHR.
Membership in professional associations
- Moldovan Bar Association;
- International Association of Constitutional Law (IACL).
- Doctor Honoris Causa of the University ”1 December 1918” of Alba Iulia, Romania (2014)
- Bachelor of Law, University “Alexandru Ioan Cuza”, Iasi, Romania (1994);
- Criminal Defense Techniques (American Bar Association, 2004);
- Training trainers on the implementation of the European Convention (Council of Europe and European Commission, 2005);
Decorated with ”Ordinul de Onoare” (Medal of Honour) by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Moldova no. 1950 of 24.02.2016
Romanian (mother tongue), English, Russian
Married, 2 children.