15/06/2012 - 16/06/2012
Venice – a joint meeting between the delegation of the Tunisian National Constituent Assembly and a delegation of the Venice Commission took place in Venice on 15 June 2012. The delegation was composed of
• Mr Larbi ABID, First Vice-President ;
• Mr Habib KHEDHER, General Rapporteur on the Constitution;
• Ms Farida LABIDI, President of the Constitutional Committee on Rights and Liberties;
• Mr Amor CHETOUI, President of the Constitutional Committee on Legislative and Executive powers and the relations between the two;
• Mr Mohamed Elarbi Fadhel MOUSSA, President of the Constitutional Committee on Ordinary, Administrative, Financial and Constitutional Justice;
• Mr Jamel TOUIR, President of the Constitutional Committee on Constitutional Bodies;
• Mr Imed HAMMAMI, President of the Constitutional Committee on local and regional self-government bodies,
and accompanied by Mr. Mouldi AYARI, Advisor to the NCA and Liaison officer between the Venice Commission and the NCA.
On 16 June the Commission in plenary held an exchange of views with Mr Larbi Abid, First Vice-President and with Mr Habib Khedher, General Rapporteur on the Constitution of the National Constituent Assembly of Tunisia.
It was agreed to pursue this fruitful co-operation, notably through exchanges of views and hearings by the National Constituent Assembly, to take place in Tunisia as soon as possible. Meetings were already scheduled on justice matters and on local self-government. The topic of advantages and disadvantages of different constitutional systems would be discussed in Tunis in July.