02/07/2021 - 03/07/2021
The plenary session was held in a hybrid form: on-line and at the Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista in Venice.
The Commission adopted the following opinions:
• an opinion on the draft Law on preventing conflict of interests in the institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
• an opinion on the compatibility with international human rights standards of bills introduced late last year to the Russian State Duma, to amend laws affecting so-called “foreign agents”;
• an opinion on constitutional amendments adopted by the Hungarian parliament in December 2020;
• an opinion on the compatibility with international human rights standards of Law no. 7262 on the Prevention of Financing of the Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction recently passed by Turkey’s National Assembly, amending the Law on Associations (No. 2860) and Law on Aid Collection;
• an opinion on the draft law for dismantling the section for the investigation of offences committed within the judiciary of Romania.
The session also endorsed previously issued urgent opinions concerning Armenia, Georgia, Malta, Montenegro and Ukraine.