In the framework of the preparation of the draft opinion on the amendments to the Law No.3/2016 on the prosecutor's office of 24 August 2021, a delegation of the Venice Commission met online on 16 November 2021 with the representatives of the following interlocutors :
• the General Prosecutor's Office,
• the Superior Council of Prosecutors,
• the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova (the parliamentary majority and opposition),
• the Constitutional Court,
• the Ministry of Justice and
• the civil society.
The request for this opinion was submitted by the Prosecutor General and the President of the Superior Council of Prosecutors of the Republic of Moldova on 23 September 2021. The draft opinion will be on the agenda of the December plenary session of the Commission (10-11 December 2021).