José Ignacio Vásquez Márquez
On 29 August 2015, he was elected by the Supreme Court as Minister of the Constitutional Court for a 9-year period, assuming office on 4 September 2015 until 2024.
- He obtained the title of lawyer from the Supreme Court in 1989.
- He studied Law at the University of Chile (1980-84).
- He was offered a research grant by Hanns Seidel Foundation in Germany (1992).
- Master’s degree in Political Science at the University of Chile.
- Master’s degree in Public Law at the University of the Andes.
- He performed the Doctorate program at the Los Andes University
- Associate attorney at Zúñiga, Donoso, Campos Law Firm (2015).
- Arbitrator at the Mediation and Arbitration Centre of the Chamber of Commerce of Santiago. He has also been an independent arbitrator since 2009.
- Judge and President of the Environmental Court of Santiago (2012 up till 2014).
- Director of the Studies, Analysis and Evaluation Department of the Supreme Court (2006-2012).
- Deputy Legal Director of the Municipality of Vitacura (1992-2004).
- General Pro-Secretary of the National Agricultural Society (1987-1992).
- Professor of Constitutional Law and Political Science at the University of Chile since 2008.
- Professor at the Institute of Judicial Studies since 2012.
- Master’s degree Professor of Public Law at the Finis Terrae University, since 2011.
- Master’s degree Professor of Environmental Law at the University of Development since 2014.
- Professor of Constitutional Law at the Catholic University of Chile, between 2007 and 2012.
- Professor of Constitutional Law and Urban Planning Law at the Diego Portales University from 2007 to 2011.
- Professor of Constitutional Law, Administrative Law and Urban Planning Law at the Finis Terrae University between 1995 and 2008.
- Professor of Rule of Law notions, Political Law, Constitutional and Administrative Law History at the University of Development from 1999 to 2007. He is also member of the Academic Board of Postgraduate degrees in Law of the same University.
- Master’s Degree Professor in Humanities at the University of Development and member of the Academic Board of the latter, between 2006 and 2010 and Professor of Political Sciences at the Faculty of Humanities from 2003 to 2005.
- Professor of Political Philosophy in Humanities Master’s Degrees at the Adolfo Ibáñez University from 2000 to 2006.
- Professor of Urbanism and Territorial Law in Law Degrees on Natural Resources from 2003 to 2004 and professor of Urbanism and Land-Management Course within Master’s degrees on Natural Resources Law of the Catholic University of Chile in 2011.
- Professor of Constitutional Law at the Santo Tomás University, between 1999 and 2001.
- Professor of Constitutional Law at the University of the Americas from 1995 to 2000.
- Assistant of the Public Law Department at the Law School of the University of Chile, between 1982 and 1988.
- He gave lectures in Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Peru and Spain. He held internships in Valence, Spain, and in Washington, United States, in the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Justice. Author of various articles on law and political sciences in specialized national and foreign magazines.