Adele MATHESON MESTAD
- 2017 - d.d. Director at the Norwegian National human Rights institution: Appointed by Parliament in 2017
- 2016 - d.d. University of Law in Oslo and Tromsø: Supervisor and correcting student master’s thesis
- 2015 - d.d. Mediator at the National mediator’s office
- 2016 - 2017 Assistant director Norwegian National Human Rights Institution; appointed at the establishment in 2016
- 2006 - 2016 Attorney at the Attorney General’s Office (civil affairs):
Right to appear before the Supreme court since 2013. Litigated civil law cases representing the government in Norwegian courts, but also for the European court of human rights (ECHR). The attorney general’s office also provides legal advice to all governmental agencies.
- 2008 Office of the Prosecutor International, Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR), Legal researcher
- 2005 - 2006 Fritjof Nansen’s Institute: Research assistant; thesis on “Patents rights to plant genetic resources”
- 2003 - 2006 Wikborg, Rein, BA-HR, Hydro, Telenor, and the attorney general’s office: Several internships through law school
- 2000 - 2001 Production assistant Norwegian broadcasting Corporation Verv
- 2022 - d.d. Member of the European commission for democracy through law (Venice commission)
- 2019 - d.d. Member of the Government appointed Freedom of Speech Commission
- 2017 - d.d. Member of the Board of the Harry Hole Foundation
- 2017 Leadership course at the Norwegian defence University College “Sjefskurset”.
- 2016 Norwegian school of economics (AFF) “Leadership and interaction”.
- 2011- 2012 New York University, Fulbright scholar, LLM International Legal Studies
- 2001- 2006 University of Oslo, Master of law
- 1999 - 2000 Examen Facultatum/ Examen Philosophicum, Faculty of social science
- 1996 - 1999 Persbråten high skole