Monaco - forthcoming opinion on the Constitution – country visit
10/04/2013 - 12/04/2013
A delegation of the Venice Commission visited the Principality of Monaco from 10 to 12 April 2013 in the framework of the preparation an opinion on the Constitution of Monaco, which was requested by the Parliamentary Assembly.
The delegation was composed as follows:
• Mr Gianni Buquicchio, President of the Venice Commission,
• Mr Jorgen Steen SORENSEN, Member in respect of Denmark,
• Mr Lazlo TROCSANYI, Member under Hungary,
• Ms Simona GRANATA MENGHINI – Deputy Secretary of the Venice Commission and
• Ms Charlotte BROUTELLES, legal advisor.
The delegation met with
• Mr Georges LISIMACHIO, Head of Cabinet of HSH the Sovereign Prince,
• HE Mr Michel Roger, Minister of State, and government officials and representatives of the Administration,
Mr NOUVION Laurent, President of the National Council, as well as the Vice-President and Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee and a group of elected representatives of different political tendencies.
• Mr Michel-Yves MOUROU, Chairman of the Crown Council,
• Mr Didier LINOTTE, President of the Supreme Court,
• Mr Philippe NARMINO, Director of Judicial Services, as well as the Attorney General and the First President Court of Appeal,
• Mr André GARINO, President of the Economic and Social Council
• Mr Georges Marsan, Mayor of Monaco and two of his deputies
The opinion of the Commission is to be submitted for adoption at the 95th plenary session of the Venice Commission (14-15 June 2013).