20/06/2011 - 23/06/2011
Trieste, Italy -- This seminar, the last of three in 2011, addresses "The Council of Europe and the European Union : Shared Values and Standards". The topics dealt with include issues relating to
- the EU Enlargement Process ;
- the role and contribution of the Venice Commission to the EU Integration Process and the EU Neighbourhood Policy;
- European Integration without European Union Membership;
- the experiences of a candidate country, as well as
- the Council of Europe and the European Union working together: challenges and perspectives.
Within the framework of a voluntary contribution from the Government of Turkey for co-operation with Tunisia, two representatives of Tunisia took part in this seminar.