16/01/2012 - 17/01/2012
Tunis – On 16 and 17 January 2012, the President of the Venice Commission Gianni Buquicchio and the Deputy Secretary of the Commission Simona Granata–Menghini participate in the visit of a delegation from the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) to Tunisia. This visit follows up to the observation by PACE of the elections of the Constituent Assembly, which were held on 23 October 2011. The Venice Commission had participated in the observation mission in its capacity as legal counsel for PACE.
The Venice Commission, of which Tunisia is a full member, wishes to establish relations with the new Constituent National Assembly and to strengthen its relations with other Tunisian institutions and partners.
Meetings are scheduled with
• the President of the Republic, Moncef Mourzouki,
• the Prime Minister, Hamadi Jebali,
• the Speaker of the Constituent National Assembly, Mustapha Ben Jaafar,
• the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Rafik Ben Abdessalem, and
• the President of the Independent High Authority for the Elections (ISIE), Mohamed Kamel Jendoubi,
• representatives of the political groups in the Constituent National Assembly and
• representatives of the international community and NGOs.
Tatiana Mychelova, Venice Commission, office +33 3 88 413868 ; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org