22/11/2021 - 23/11/2021
In the framework of the preparation of the draft opinion on the law on the prevention of threats to national security, associated with excessive influence of persons having significant economic or political weight in social life (oligarchs), a delegation of the Venice Commission held online consultations with:
• the Minister of Justice;
• the Ombudsperson;
• the Head of the Parliamentary Committee on National Security, Defence and Intelligence;
• representatives of different parliamentary factions;
• the National Agency on Prevention of Corruption;
• the administration of the National Security and Defence Council;
• representatives of the international community present in Ukraine, NGOs and investigative journalists.
The request for this opinion was submitted by the Chairman of Verkhovna Rada on 10 September 2021.
The draft opinion will be on the agenda of the December plenary session of the Commission (10-11 December 2021).