13/09/2023 - 14/09/2023
Yerevan – In the framework of the preparation of the draft joint opinion of the Venice Commission and the OSCE/ODIHR on the draft amendments to the Electoral Code and related legislation of Armenia, the rapporteurs met with representatives of the following institutions:
• the Ministry of Justice, including the Deputy Minister of Justice,
• the Central Election Commission (CEC), including the Oversight and Audit Service of the CEC,
• several parliamentary and extra-parliamentary parties, the Standing Committee on State and Legal Affairs of the Parliament,
• the Corruption Prevention Commission,
• the National Commission on Television and Radio,
• USAID/IFES and the civil society.
The draft opinion will be submitted for adoption at the 136th Plenary Session of the Venice Commission (6-7 October 2023). It will be prepared under the Quick Response Mechanism (QRM), in the framework of the EU/CoE joint programme Partnership for Good Governance, funded by the European Union and the Council of Europe and implemented by the Council of Europe.